Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Friday-Saturday at the Scotties

Friday, Saturday
After driving for 11 hrs on Thursday I had Friday as my only day off.
The highlight of the morning was a moderate length walk through Louise and Fred’s neighborhood in minus 10C.
The homes ranged from over a Million down to $400,000.
I was impressed by the walkways, small lake surrounded by homes. In the winter the city cleans and maintains an ice surface for hockey and skating and in the summer it’s a lovely pond for all sorts of wildlife.
In another subdivision their green space had an almost regulation size out door hockey rink complete with full size boards which was flooded and cleaned by the city. Wow would the kids in my neighborhood love that.
Later in the day Fred & I went to the page 1-2 game BC vrs MB.
I worn my Norge Ontario Pants again and attracted a lot of attention, which is totally against my nature but someone had to do it.
I tried to get camera time alternating myself at either ends of the home end. Don’t know if it worked?
After the game the Heart Stop Lounge was the happening place to be with a arousing band from Lethbridge, everyone except the drummer having long hair down their backs. Picture me with long hair down my back and that’s what they looked like not a pretty picture eh!
Did some schmoozing, lifted a few, danced some, met some interesting people.
Home at 12:30am only to up at 5am ready to drive for my 6:30am shift.
Ahh the life of a curler.
Teresa - Jane
Bye Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment