Friday, February 24, 2012

Thursday at the Scotties

Thursday Feb. 23/12
Today was the day for the Norwegian Pants.
I decided that I would wear my Norwegian Pants on shift.
Well did that cause a stir. Dispatcher redirected all the driver’s to check out ‘Dave’s’ Pants. Then I waited for the comments to fly……"like your pants"……"you have the spirit"……"where did you get those"……." where can I get a pair"…..one person shielded their eyes. All the comments were in fun.
The stares without the comments were hilarious.
Later in the afternoon I had a trip to the Calgary Airport to pick up a passenger. Part of the trip was through a raging snowstorm but being use to the 401 there was no problem.
Walking back and forth at the Airport wearing the pants was certainly and experience. People did not know what to make of me. Everyone, I mean everyone took a good look and some had very positive comments.
While waiting at baggage claim I met two very interesting and famous people. George Chuvalo and Lloyd Robertson were having a chat. I waited for the right moment and introduced myself.

I mentioned that I had seen his recent interview on CBC George Stroumboulopoulos show and he said I should tune in to his interview, "One on One with Peter Mansbridge on Sunday Feb. 26th.
Below is a link to that interview.
Wow....I shook the hand that laid out Mohammed Ali.
I recognized Lloyd Robertson first by his familiar voice.
Very Cool!
While waiting I went to the liquor store to look for a brand of Scotch recommended to me, not available in Ontario, called "The Glenrothes" When the checkout lady noticed my name badge she gave me the Airport Staff discount…My lucky day!
Arrived back in Red Deer at 9pm and headed for dinner and had Red Deer’s famous meal, "Steak Sandwich". Everyone tells you where to get the best one.
Standings have been determined with no tiebreakers, which means an easy day on Friday. Only 4 games left using the page system.




Bye Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment